Are you looking to join a great team and work on innovative projects, while taking advantage of paid professional development, flexible working hours and an office that is walking distance to West End and the CBD? Trinity Consultants Australia may be the company for you.
We are seeking a highly experienced acoustic engineer or scientist who wants to join a friendly business with a focus on career and personal fulfilment. You will be based in our South Brisbane office, but your field work may take you from beaches to inner city bars, from regional mines to busy construction sites, and a whole lot more in between.
We also offer a mix of onsite and work-from-home arrangements to help you achieve your desired work-life balance. Our diverse client base, in a broad range of industries, ensure you will find plenty of variety in this role.
The successful candidate will drive strong outcomes for our clients and our internal team. You will provide expert advice and tactical support in meeting regulatory noise obligations and acoustic design requirements, and you will take the lead in environmental noise services, projects and relationships, working with existing clients and developing new opportunities.
You will also have a vision for and experience in managing a team of consultants in order to make the most of each individual’s skills and interests, and prioritise resources across the business for effective service delivery.
Sound intriguing? Read on and apply today!
The successful candidate
Our successful candidate will have:
- A degree in engineering or science relevant to acoustics
- At least ten years’ experience in acoustics including environmental noise, building acoustics, and vibration
- Demonstrated experience managing consultant staff
- Demonstrated experience in advising clients and recommending solutions to reduce the impacts of noise pollution levels on the environment
- Excellent communication skills and excellent English report writing skills
- Business development experience such as technical presentations to industry and strategic management of services
- Experience with noise modelling software such as INSUL, CADNAA, Soundplan, Zorba, Fantech
- RPEQ / MIEAust / MAAS certification or similar
- Proof of eligibility and right to work in Australia
- Willingness to live in Brisbane
- Ability to work in an outdoor environment
- Current Covid-19 vaccinations
- Preferably, a light vehicle driver’s licence.
Working for Trinity
Trinity Consultants Australia is a merged business from ASK Consulting Engineers, Air Noise Environment, and Vision Environment, three well respected and experienced environmental consultancies with a solid client base and steady stream of interesting work.
Our most senior staff have successfully provided engineering and scientific advice for more than 25 years to the construction, manufacturing, mining, industry, ports and transport sectors.
The company is now part of Trinity Consultants Inc, bringing international support and cooperation from our 1,500 colleagues and giving us opportunities to potentially work overseas. Learn more about us.
What we offer
You’ll join our team of 33 Australia-based staff, working on some of the most motivating and challenging projects on the go. Examples include Queens Wharf, St Elmo’s vanadium mine and Paramatta Light Rail. Learn more about our projects.
We fund professional development, including conference attendance, and internal and external training, and we have career development programs to maximise your potential in a variety of development pathways.
We have a flexible working hours policy to assist work/life balance. The salaries we offer have been benchmarked against current expectations and we provide bonuses for good performance.